recent posts...

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Painted Hutches




Painted hutches come in all styles and colors. The more creative you can get with paint and finishes the better. 
I like to add details. I replace glass sometimes with chicken wire, paint existing hardware, add fabric or paint images on the back. Doing this can take a boring outdated piece of furniture and bring it into a new more fashionable look.

I recently created another one for the store by doing some of the above.

I wanted to show you some of the ones I have done in the past and what I did to achieve the look. Click on the highlighted title below pictures to see how it was done.


French Farmhouse Hutch

This one I had a lot of work to do but it was so worth it!

More.....






This one I worked with chicken wire again. It got a nice white wash.



This one the glass stayed the door removed and I hand wrote the back in french!



This was a total change from the original. Got creative with knobs too.



Loved this hutch! Total chicken wire transformation and the before was bad!



This one was all about the patina.


French Hutch

This was about the details. With close ups.

I have done quite a few more but these show you how I changed things up.
I like changing out the glass on dated pieces the best. Have you ever used something other than chicken wire? I would love to know.

I can't wait to show you my new one.

Follow me on instagram to see it as it happens!


If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

How fun, Deneen! The hard work definitely paid off. :)

Angela said...

These are great, Deneen. I love the one with the Print behind it (wallpaper?)

Angela said...

These are great, Deneen. I love the one with the Print behind it (wallpaper?)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Your hutches are beautiful and of course I love the beachy one the best! Nice work Deneen!