recent posts...

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Favorite Things


Since the beginning of the year, I have been swamped with custom orders and furniture sales. I am not complaining by any means. This is what I love.
Though it leaves little time for anything else.

There are some many things I enjoy doing. I am lucky enough to do most of them. One of my favorite things to do is blog and unfortunately time has taken me away from doing it as often as I used to. I must have tons of content stored away I can share with you but days start early now and end too soon.

I am still trying to get into that groove again.

I am going to try a little series of My Favorite Things.

This way I can share with you my favorite pieces of furniture, new products or something that has inspired me.

I will start with a piece of furniture since that is something I truly enjoy. AND I didn't paint this one.

Are you ready?


This piece is original. I love so many qualities in this piece. First of all...

I have never seen one like it. The color is turquoise which is one of my favorite things. The patina is perfect and so is the hand painted roses. Every detail makes me smile.

I have to admit that it was very hard to put this for sale in my store. I could see it in my home.
It is fun and a little quirky.
These are the kinds of pieces that add character to your home or business.

I am assuming it was a china cabinet. The top has three shelves with plate grooves. I pretty glass door with curvy details encloses the cupboard. There are display shelves on both sides.


So what do you think? Have you ever seen one? If so, tell me about it!! Would love to know more.



Oh and this is the label on the back. Thomlinson Chair Mfg. A company in the early 1900's of fine crafted furniture. For more read here.




If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

Colleen said...

What a gorgeous and adorable piece of furniture.
I absolutely love it. Oh, I wish I lived closer. I can't believe that you are selling that piece.
I never would had been able to part with it and so glad that you didn't repaint it. Something like that is best just to leave as is.

Angela said...

That is such a sweet piece. I hope someone who buys it will just LOVE IT for a long time.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I hear you friend! You have such an amazing talent and an eye for finding unique things.

Maggie Grant said...

Your furniture are all beautiful. It seems that you have an excellent eye for vintage stuff. They look simple and old, but that's the beauty they inspire, and it is priceless. I'm in so much awe with items that have history and great quality. Thanks for sharing that, Deneen! All the best to you!

Maggie Grant @ The Find Consignment