recent posts...

Monday, September 30, 2013

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies

Can you smell the cinnamon in the air?

My favorite time of the year is fall. As soon as the air gets cooler, my oven goes on bake.

Sometimes I make pretty decorated cookies and other times I make the old tried and true ones.
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies

One thing in common....they are delicious!





I love baking cookies. 

My family loves eating them. This recipe was handed down from my friend Tricia. I make them at Christmas time too. The are the best I have ever eaten.

I don't like raisins in my oatmeal cookies. (don't judge) I am weird that way.

You can add them if you like but they are fantastic just like this.


They are usually stolen and gobbled up before the lid goes on the container.

Every fall as I watch the leaves turn, my mind drifts back to this simple time of baking with the children.
There is something about homemade that brings back the best memories.

If you want to start a tradition, give it a try.


ingredients
1c butter softned
1c sugar
1c brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1t cinnamon
1t vanilla
1c flour
3c old fashioned Quaker oats
1c chopped pecans

Add Sugars to butter till creamy. Add eggs cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually add flour till mixed. Continue with oats and nuts. Spoon mixture using a teaspoon and drop on a cookie sheet. Cook at 350° for 10 min. Do not overcook. Yields 3 dozen

Enjoy!


If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I have never tried these. I must give them a go.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Yumm! and perfect for fall! (I have to admit I was hoping for an awesome recipe of something you ate in Italy!!)

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I love oatmeal cookies. It's dangerous to have them around!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Stephanie
There is Cinnamon in the above recipe. With baking the measurements are important. These cookies aren't supposed to be fluffy. They are chunky.Make sure you are using Old Fashioned oats not quick oats. Let me know if you have any more questions. They are really delicious! Enjoy!

Kathy J said...

Mine were flat too. I was careful when measuring and used old fashioned oats. Any suggestions? Loved the flavor.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Kathy, Did they look like mine? Mine are a little flat too. Probably because of the butter. I use a teaspoon to spoon onto cookie sheet and they spread.

Unknown said...

Very flat! Difficult to remove from the pan. Most of the batch was not save able. Those that didn't fall apart did not have much flavor.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe my cookies came to be so good loved it

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe my cookies came to be so good loved it

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I saw it on Pinterest and it has become my favorite cookie recipe. When we have family gatherings they always ask me to bring them.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

They are my favorite too. So glad you are enjoying them.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

They are my favorite too. So glad you are enjoying them.