recent posts...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Succulent Purse Centerpiece Tutorial


Succulent Purse Centerpieces is a new creation I shared the other day. I told you there was something unique about this I wanted to share with you.

Also wanted to share a tutorial on how to achieve this look is below. 
As promised.....

I like thinking outside the box......

or in this case .... the purse

My surprise is(in case you didn't figure it out) that this is an ordinary thrift store purse that I found for 99cents!

I knew when I saw it I wanted to make this. Unfortunately like many of my projects, it sits around a few months till I have the time to complete it! There are just so many ideas in my head!!!

This is what you will need:


Sheet moss
thrift store purse
hot glue gun
glue sticks
plastic bag/ziploc
succulents


line the inside of purse with a plastic bag
I also used a plastic container to fill in bottom to use less dirt. This is optional



Lay the sheet moss wrong side up and cut and wrap bottom of purse gluing seams



Make sure you roll the moss and glue to the inside of purse to give you clean lines


Next cut a couple of strips for the handle and glue. Make it a little bigger than width of handle to roll edges under. Everything will have a finished edge.


It is now ready to fill with the succulents!! Remember to keep dirt inside the plastic bag area so when it is watered it will stay in that area. These only need minimal water so a container like this works great!

To see the finished product click HERE!

Love the possibilities of these.

I can see this as a wedding centerpiece too!

If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...linking to

4 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I did not guess that was a real purse! I thought it was a wire frame or something! So very cool!!

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

So did i think it was a wire frame!! Very cool!

Little Miss Maggie said...

These would be great for shower centerpieces or tea parties. Wonderful.

Dina said...

I love this! My sister was just putting together succulent pots for family members and I loved them! I am a total purse fanatic and think this is right up my alley! Thank you for the tutorial! It's so cute!
Dina
justbeingdina.com