recent posts...

Monday, July 8, 2013

Sandy Toes and Salty Memories

The ocean calls me many times throughout the year. It is like it knows me and there is a pull I can't deny.

It feeds my soul. Renews my spirit.

A few weeks ago, I took my mom to Florida along with my sister. It was her 70th birthday present from us. The first time we have been away together just the three of us.






It was just a few days spent on the Emerald coast. There was something in the air......the sounds of the calm waters........the night's moon.....that made this trip even more special.

The water was the calmest and clearest I have seen in awhile. We have been going to the coast for a long time. My children grew up going to the shore on vacations. It is our favorite spot.

We ventured to Ally's Beach, Seaside, Rosemary's Beach, Grayton Beach, all of the small towns close to Seagrove.

I took interesting pictures and ate all the seafood my heart desired.




We went to Rosemary Beach a few times to stroll, shop and eat. Loved it there.



There were cute little shops and restaurants. This hotel was our view when we sat outside for dinner.


It reminded me of pictures of Europe. It was a beautiful week. The sun, the moon and the company made it special.
A memory we will always cherish.


The Super Moon was out the nights we were there. I wonder if that had something to do with the extra beauty that the sea had.



This is the place I feel closest to God. This is the place I renew my spirit. It makes me feel small in a big world but also makes me feel that anything is possible.

I am so glad we all got to go and have a great time together. I will remember it always.

I will continue to be pulled to the sea.....

I will continue to be inspired by it........


It was a gift that we all shared. Hope you had a great 70th birthday mom!  I love you!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic place to spend time with your family! Beautiful Mom!

Love those last shots of the ocean...gorgeous. Put those on Pinterest!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Karen I will!

Kirby Carespodi said...

How beautiful! (All of it--including your mom and sister!)

Carmenann said...

I had the best "Birthday" ever!!!! Sharing it with my precious daughters was a very special gift that I will never forget!!! I had a blast!!!
Thanks for the memories Deneen and Toni Marie.....I love you both more than chocolate.....
Love Bunches....Mom....

karen@somewhatquirky said...

I'm glad you got to have this time together. Love the photography!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Looks like you all had a great time...the photos are wonderful. Your mom still looks wonderfully sassy at 70!

Unknown said...

You look just like your beautiful Mom Deneen!
Gorgeous photos - it does look like Europe, you're right!
XOXOX

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

What a great experience !! You all look so beautiful too. There is just something so wonderful about the ocean . It stills the minds and allows creativity to flow.

Bliss said...

Aren't you just the prettiest gal! And mom looks great at 70. The ocean calls me too, I miss it.
Bliss

Unknown said...

Ohhh how I dream of the beach :)

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Can't wait to meet you at Haven!!!

Calypso In The Country said...

How wonderful to spend time in such a beautiful place with your family! Your mom looks great for 70!
-Shelley

Unknown said...

Your mom looks great for 70! So happy you, your mom and sis had some special time together. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures, Patti

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

What a great pic of you 3 beautiful women! I really enjoyed reading this post and looking at your pics. You know the best places Deneen! Maybe you should be a travel agent!

Little Miss Maggie said...

What a great trip, Deneen. I'm drawn to the ocean too. It's my favorite place to vacation. I'm so glad you got to have such a wonderful trip with your sister and your mom. I'm sure you made some fabulous memories.

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

What a nice relaxing vaca! Much prettier than the beaches in Georgia. Glad you had a great time.