recent posts...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Milk Paint Coffee Table

My second attempt painting with Milk Paint was so much better. Although my stool came out bright and pretty, I didn't get the chippiness I desired. This attempt filled that need. It was chippy all over!

You already saw my sofa I just bought for my living room redesign. It is traditional. I wanted to use a chippy table in front of it with a bright color. I chose salmon.



Yes Milk paint comes in so many beautiful colors. It is very unpredictable but I knew I wanted chippy and chippy is what I got.....all over it.

My husband is not sure about it. He can't believe people want things to be chipping away and old. He says people throw those things away.  Silly man!

My daughter says it just doesn't work in the space but I disagree! (this is normal these days)


I just painted the bottom. I admit I was a little scared when it started flaking all over it but I love it.

Let me make one thing clear. It is one piece in the room. I would not do this to all the furniture in there. Just one as a focal point.


Color is what I am going for. Walls are neutral and sofa grey. So turquoise and coral are accents.


I still have a lot to do but I am liking what I see already. 

Does anyone else have a problem with redesigns taking so long?

Well...... I celebrate the little things!

I would love for you to follow me here!
        




Linking to Miss Mustard Seed

15 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Oh wow, it came out super chippy! Great look! And I love the couch in front of the fireplace. ;)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Looks gorgeous to me Deneen!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love it and the sofa...your right I would only have one chippy piece in the room!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love the chippiness! i love its unexpected finish- makes it more interesting!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love it! I think every room should have a little bit of interest and not be too matchy or perfect! I'm glad you got the chippy look you wanted!

srpprcrftr said...

I am loving your table, not usually so crazy about chippy but that looks like it came to be that way thru time. Hope that's what you wanted. The salmon color is perfect with everything.
Can I ask you where you got your bird image on your window over mantel? I have one window left w brought with us from KY I want to use on our shutter shelf (aka mantel) in our living room.
In KY we had a 3' square window I found with 12 panes. I printed out different botanical pics to put in it. It was so heavy hubs had to make a support frame on the wall so we could hang it. Wish I still had it but we left it in house in KY.
Wouldn't have worked in our house now as we have a mfg. home and the walls are just not conducive to something that heavy, too bad as I sure loved that darn window.
If you could let me know about the bird image on your window I'd so appreciate it. Please reply to: FurryKidzPaperworx@gmail.com.
Did you peek in our bedroom? We have aqua and coral and I'm loving it so much. It started by me painting a dark finished side table the coral and aqua colors I mixed up myself. The walls haven't been painted yet but think they're going to be a coral, soft and soothing. A long time ago we painted our living room peach and it was so nice. Everybody that saw it loved it.
Happy summer Deneen. Love your blog

Bliss said...

I like it. What do husbands and kids know anyway?
Bliss

karen@somewhatquirky said...

I always say "you think?" when people offer their opinions and I think they are wrong. Because of course THEY are WRONG! The table is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE it Deneen - it's perfect- and I agree one special piece with this finish is beautiful -
Gorgeous job!
XXX

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I love coral- it's my orange. I painted two pieces last year with a salmon-y color and looked at them for days before deciding that I just didn't like them with all the wood in my house. Color clash. If I had more white I think it would have been fantastic, but they had to go.
I love the chippy effect you got on this. I had that bamboo rug and had to give it to my SIL. The yellow tone clashed with everything in my house. The problem I see in the room is what's under the table...maybe that's what your daughter is seeing??? The table is fantastic...do you have another rug that would ground the room and pull it all together?

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Oh daughters !!! Mine is telling me that the Paris grey I painted the cabinet in our bathroom doesn't go ...that is why you haven't seen a finished project...i think i need to repaint it in French linen..Oy Vey!

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I forgot!! I think it looks great!

Kim said...

If rooms where done in an instant they'd be boring! We must have the same DNA cuz' my LR is grey walls, orange rug and teal accents!!

Love the orange table, it looks fantastic.

Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

td said...

Just popped over from MMS and now I'll subscribe. You totally nailed the table, especially with the sofa. I'll have to read through your posts because I'm not getting the placement in front of the FP, but maybe there's a reason! Beautiful styling. (Maybe lose the bunting?) I know, you didn't ask for opinions and you're probably saying, "You think?" :)

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Td I am an outside the box kinda gal. I change things up all the time. I am enjoying the placement of my sofa. Although unconventional, I don't use my fp in the summer so this makes sense for me. It is a work in progress. Looking for a rug now. Thanks for subscribing! Glad to have you here!