recent posts...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Child's Painted Adirondack Chair


When my children were little, I loved creating one of a kind things for them. I painted murals on their walls, made cute little projects and painted furniture.......(yes, even back then! remember the redo here?)

Those days are gone....

They are grown so I don't get to do too many "kid" things.

unless they are gifts or orders......like painting names of newborn babies

or client designs

That is when it all comes back to me. This one really hit home. A pink hand painted Adirondack chair! It is based on the Golden Book "Pokey Little Puppy"





The child's Adirondack chair was a special gift from this little girl's grandparents.

She loves the book so they wanted Pokey Little Puppy on the front with her name.


It was whimsical and sweet. The slots made it difficult to paint because of the spaces but I think it came out cute!

Little details were added to the sides and arms.


Now this little girl has a keepsake and special memory forever!

I love to personalize furniture. When I painted murals I would paint the child's name in the painting or leave something behind for them to find.

It is fun to create and add character to any piece.

sometimes even humor........





If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...linking to
Savvy Southern Style
Miss Mustard Seed

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

HOW sweet is that?!?! I love the poky little puppy! that was a favorite book of mine as a child.

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing Deneen - beautiful job!!!
XOX

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Pokey Little Puppy! Oh, that takes me back to happy days. What a sweet gift. She will love it so much! Great job, Deneen.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So cute!!!
What a wonderful keepsake!
Great Job!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Deneen..I love this! You did an awesome job and that cute little backside is the sweetest! So clever!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Absolutely adorable Deneen!!!Fantastic job!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

That is just adorable! My youngest daughter's FAVORITE Golden Book was The Poky Little Puppy! brings back sweet memories!

Laurel Stephens said...

Your chair is just adorable and brings back so many happy memories of my own children. They loved this book so much that we named our dachshund puppy Pokey and had her for seventeen years. I'm pinning your darling idea to my future grandchildren Pinterest board. Thanks for the inspiration and memories!

Adele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.