recent posts...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cubbies

I found a really different shelf.

Only a blogger can make a shelf something interesting. Huh?

I think someone made it.  It is old and made of wood.

The thing that got me was the shape. It looked like a little house.

and it had some cubbies........we all love cubbies.

When I bought it, I knew it would make a great display shelf.

I wanted to play off the shape and turn it into a cubby for my birds.



A little bit of paint did the trick.

I added cute little numbers to it. My numbers gave it some whimsy.

I used numbers that are used for clocks. I bought them from Hobby Lobby to keep for fun projects like this one.  It is like giving my birdies an address.


and I am yearning for spring

so this little project made me feel like it is just around the corner

I love my nest too......

more hope for spring

And as I sit in my sun room with the sun streaming in through the window, I feel it is close

So this might be a small project redo but I love the way it came out and how it represents something new and fresh



Now my birds sit proud as they await the crackling of the egg.......

                                                      Isn't that what spring is about?

                                                         Aren't you ready for it?

Partying with
Craftberry Bush
countdown to spring 200px

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it - and love the bird theme - it does in fact look like a spring display!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Deneen for your sweet comments, love your shelf, anything with birds, and added numbers, so cute!

Katie @ theshabbycottagehome.blogspot.com

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful cubby Deneen and a perfect color to show case your bird collection. Love it!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

Oh cute!! I love all of the little birds. I'm so ready for spring, too. We've had cloudy, rainy weather (which I love) but I'm ready for some pretty sunshine.

rush said...

love the bird theme. yep! i'm ready for spring. our daffodils bloomed a week ago, and since then our temperatures have been all over the place - from below freezing to 65.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Oh, I think we are all yearning for spring. Your little cubby cabinet is adorable and it does harken the spring gods to visit a little earlier. Love the birds and the nest. They have a home to be proud of.

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Just adorable. I love the display and the white against the pop of color!:)

Here in Cape Town, we are enjoying the last couple of summer days, but autumn (you call it fall) is just around the corner!

hugs
Sumaya

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I love the shelf ..the color is just great.

Be well,
donna

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Adorable....great color, great styling!