recent posts...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Books, Books, What to do with Books?

I haven't always been in love with books. As a little girl I only wanted to read mystery books.

I hated the books you "had" to read in school.

As I got older that changed.

When I had children I wanted them to love books so I purchased the ones they wanted to read. I also purchased a lot of educational books. Science, Art, Social Studies Poems and plays etc.

When they fell in love with books I was happy.

When they were older I  started teaching their speech and debate team. My love for books came to play with this competition team.

We won many events including Nationals.

Now here I am on my blog ripping them, pasting them, painting them stacking them! Holy Cow!



 I used to tell my kids "Books are for reading take care of them never hurt them and you will have them forever.

And believe me we do. ( I am working on my bonus room book clutter as we speak)

Lots of money put out for books but I didn't care.

And my little "problem" well I only use the ones I buy that are beyond repair. (thrift store)



I didn't mind spending money on books till I had to buy college books. BREAK the BANK!

That is why when Campus Book Rentals asked me to write a post about books I was excited.

My children rented books in college so I know this is a great way to save money. Now they have a new program, where, not only can the students save money, they can rent to other students and start MAKING money!

How cool is that?

The program is Rent Back.  Rent Back is a new initiative that allows students to rent the textbooks they own - to other students... which is great because it makes them 2-4x more money compared to what they'd make through buyback options! (selling their books back at the end of the semester)

So if you have kids in college or on their way, check out this awesome program!



disclaimer:. I am being compensated to write this post This post was written by me and with my own opinions.




3 comments:

Lily Anne said...

Love your post! I was exactly the same way! I read all the time now. I taught my kids and Grandkids to take care of their books."We never hurt our books. That way we can read them again." I haven't done any crafts with books yet but I like your idea of using them from thrift stores. Thank you for a great blog!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thank you for your comment Lily Anne. We still love our books!! I feel guilty every time I tear one for a craft. It is so funny.Please come back again!

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I love books ..they gave a little girl growing up on a Christmas tree farm the courage to dream and explore and escape when times got rough. Oh yes college books hurt the bank big time!!! we have 3 in college so OUCH!
great post!