recent posts...

Friday, February 22, 2013

Animal Paintings and more

Do you ever feel like projects never end?

 I move from one

to another

to another.

At least I have a theme going.

..................painting..............

I painted an animal painting again. This time of my baby.

I think it was even harder because I wanted to get some of his personality.

I wanted to show how much love he has.

I wanted to show how much he adores us in his eyes.

I started with a picture...


I love his sweet lips and whiskers

I am really enjoying painting the portraits. It is another way to be creative. Painting has come and gone with me throughout the years. So glad it has stuck around this time.

To be honest the first one I did, I hated. I had it all wrong. He looked so much older and I had the wrong colors.

I know what you are saying...."He is a black dog how hard can it be?"

Believe me I think they are harder to paint. Any of my painting buddies agree?

So here he is....


It isn't perfect but no painting is. Best part is the family loves it and thinks it is!

I love a happy ending...

REMEMBER: If you want one of your pet, you can order HERE... you can also see another painting I did.

Then I painted one of my favorite pieces of furniture to date. I cannot wait to show you!

I am also thinking of painting my living room too. I found a couch I want and will probably order tonight.

So much to do so little time.

..........And I finally called a travel agent to get info on my trip!! Breathe.....Breathe......Breathe.......

16 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh wow..beautiful!! you have captured such a soulful essence within this beautiful dog! That is very special and shines through..such talent! I think I am in love now..gorgeous fur and your brushstrokes are sublime and the soft streaks of light..exquisite!!
Victoria

Little Miss Maggie said...

I think you captured him to a T. His face is so expressive in your rendering of him, and I'm sure he is so happy to be immortalized in your painting. Beautiful.

WrightStuff said...

Oh gosh yes - you definitely have captured a personality. I am lost in those eyes!!

Ivy said...

Awww, what a sweet face. Nicely done! HPPF!

bellefrogworks said...

Beautiful painting of a beautiful pup. HPPF

Tracey FK said...

wow you have really captured him... especially the eyes... a wonderful job... enjoying my visits and seeing these portraits...xx

pauline said...

You did a fabulous job with this! Animals aren't the easiest to paint. Way to go, girl! xox

Giggles said...

Wonderful dog portrait!! Really well done!! Can't wait to see your couch and living room!!

Hugs Giggles

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Beautiful job! what a sweet pup!

Linda Kunsman said...

you've created such a beautiful portrait of your sweet dog!! I've heard others say that black is hard to paint-I do know it's hard to photo too because we have a blue roan English cocker and it's so hard sometimes to get her in the right background.

Faye said...

This truly rates a huge WOW! You have so accurately captured the emotion and expression of the sweet black dog. Your work is so beautiful.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Faye, I am so humbled by all the sweet comments. Thank you!

GlorV1 said...

You've done a wonderful job with your baby. One thing about a dogs eyes, there is always love, trust, admiration and the soul looking back at you. Very nice job. Thank you.

Netty said...

wow your beautiful dog is priceless, so perfect in every way. Happy PPF, Annette x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a gorgeous painting, especially because black coats are not easy to do. Blessings!

JKW said...

I believe you captured him perfectly. It is difficult to paint the expression, but you nailed it. Blessings, Janet PPF