recent posts...

Monday, January 7, 2013

Incredible Edible Valentine's Day Card

When deciding on a Valentine's Card for someone special, I usually go to the card isle in the grocery store. Spend hours reading everyone of them. I love cards and choosing the right one. Not this year. This year I got a little creative with it. This year I did something different.

 Who says a card has to be a flat piece of paper stock?


I perused The Graphic Fairy's site for a vintage graphic and printed it. One was a Valentine's Cherub and the other was a Valentine's heart. The heart said, " An Offering of Friendship"

very sweet


I then cut out the graphics and cut off the "wings" of the cherub and added my own feathers.
It adds that little something extra to the print.

I usually cut around the graphics I use.I like adding more detail too. I think this makes it more your own.




Then I glued them to this adorable glitter plastic cup, I love cups like these. I found them at the dollar store, so very inexpensive.



I gathered some crepe paper and ruffled it to use as a trim on the inside of the cup.




I added a key to the bow I wrapped along the handle and filled the cup with chocolate Kisses, mints, and Reeses. I will roll a little note when I present it and stick it through the key.



I think this is a fun alternative to a regular Valentine's Day Card. It is a 3-D version!Everyone likes a sweet treat.  A new Valentine's idea! The Incredible Edible Valentine's Day Card!

Have you started thinking of Valentine's Day yet?



homeworkDollar tree Valentines party
SNAP!
SNAP!

14 comments:

Pascale said...

I really love your creation. It's great. regards from Holland

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Love it ! Hello from a fellow Jerswy girl!

Unknown said...

melek figürlerini çok seviyorum bunada çok yakışmış elinize sağlık:)

Unknown said...

I may just have to copy you. Those would be great for my grandkids.
Thanks,

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Pascale Thanks so glad you are here from Holland! Faye go right ahead. They will love them and it is inexpensive! Win, win!

srpprcrftr said...

Wow Deneen, can I get on your Valentines list? That is very nice and so creative. You really went to alot of work to create yours.
So enjoy your blog every day.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

So glad you are here!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

This is adorable! I have never seen the glitter cups before and feathers for wings was genius!! I just have to follow you, great ideas as I scroll through your blog and I am not missing another post!

Carol

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Carol! Glad to have you here!!

Calypso In The Country said...

You are so creative! Such a cute idea!
-Shelley

ali naqvi said...

Its mind-blowing cards..!! i love it
Plastic card printing

Unknown said...

Perfect design with supporting shade deserves to go for plastic cards printing....

Debbiedoos said...

Sooo cute Deneen! You are on a Valentine creative roll I see. I love your frame project too. Thanks so much for sharing with the dollar tree party.

Maria Elena said...

Very cute and creative! Love this project!