recent posts...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coffee Sack Ideas {Lavender Hearts}

Does lavender and coffee go together? It does now!

I am seeing stuffed hearts everywhere right now. I love how cute they are. I have seen paper, vintage fabric, pillows and mod podge hearts. I haven't seen any coffee sack ideas though. I purchased a lot of coffee sacks awhile back and I have been enjoying new coffee sack ideas ever since,

Some coffee sack ideas I have made are, a lined display table and a lined cooler, to name a few. I love dreaming up different things to do with them. They have the neatest prints, textures and colors.

I used a scrap piece I have saved. This one had an Aqua Stripe!

It has a farmhouse feel.


I love the raw edges. I stuffed it with Lavender buds and hand stitched the word "Love" on it.

It is so sweet. I just traced a heart and cut two piece from my scrap and sewed together leaving ends to fray. I stuffed with lavender and sewed the remainder closed. I wrote love on top as a pattern to stitch by. It is a simple project that is probably one of my favorites.

Sometimes simple is better.

There is also something about small things....It is a big package of love.

Which is fitting for anytime but Valentine's Day is just around the corner. So someone is getting a surprise!




Have any other Coffee Sack Ideas?
I would love to know!

Also this is the last day to enter the Giveaway!
Click HERE and scroll down to fill out!
GOOD LUCK!!


I was featured on FJI


SNAP!

10 comments:

Little Miss Maggie said...

Very cute. I'm loving the non traditional colors of hearts this year. Your love embroidery was a wonderful addition.

Deborah said...

Gorgeous, love the blue stripe, so original :)

Bee happy x

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Deborah! I like doing things different!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Very cute! Love the idea of using a coarse sacking...and turquoise and brown are never wrong!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Cute!!! I bet it smells good too!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

Susan Townsend said...

These are adorable- Love the colors too!
Susan

~Amy~ said...

This is just so adorable!

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a unique heart! I like the color and texture. Love the stitching.
New follower,
Patti

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the texture you created using the coffee sack.

Reduce, Reuse, Renewed said...

That is totally adorable! Love it!