recent posts...

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Burlap Pillow

Christmas is around the corner! Are you ready? I am not and I have a feeling I won't be as on top of it as I usually am.  I am still trying to keep it simple but when you have a blog you want to keep things fresh too and have projects to show.

Last Christmas I got some great Chocolate covered pretzels from Crate and Barrel. The box was a beautiful laser cut bunch of snowflakes. I loved the box so much I kept it.

Yes, once again I prove I can be a junk collector or in this case trash!

But look at it.... wouldn't you?  Ok don't answer that.



I loved the pretzels....this was a gift that kept on giving. I could reuse it over and over.
I had some leftover burlap and I made a pillowslip. Filled it with a feather insert but it was very plain. It needed a design.

Since I decided on a simple Christmas palette I thought this worked well.

I got some white paint and stenciled the pattern on the pillow and used some letter stencils to write some words.



I love it on the chair near the tree. It is great to find something you can use to create with. I am keeping the pretzel box top. You never know what else will come up in my head. I always said I think outside the box or in this case WITH the box!


Ready for some hot cocoa and....pretzels!

3 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Great wisdom can go unrecognized. But not by me! Good call saving the box....did you make a copy of the design on your printer first? LOL

Roisin said...

The pillow is probably one of the neatest things I've seen an a blog in a long, long time: I really love it. It is interesting and unusual--so unique. And I love that you came up with such a clever way to reuse something kpretty to make something else pretty. Kudos to you!

Ruffles and Relics said...

Love your pretty pillow!