recent posts...

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Grey Buffet (A Change Can Do You Good}



I usually don't go for furniture with basic lines. Mainly because I love details and accenting them with paint and wax. I normally by vintage pieces too.

When this buffet became available I could see that paint could change the feel of the piece.

I knew I would keep the pulls but I wanted to paint them. I use oil rubbed bronze spray paint.

I also used Annie Sloan French Linen and dark wax to complete it.


 I love the farmhouse feel the paint and waxes added to the finished piece. Of course a little distressing adds to the charm.

This was one that never ended up at the Barn Sale. It sold before I could get it there.



This piece made me realize to think about all the furniture I come in contact with. Whether it is vintage or not, the change can do it good! Someone out there will be interested in it if it is done well and adds character to their home.

Have you ever bought a piece like this? Did it go from plain to pizzazz?


2 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow girl, this is one gorgeous piece!

hugs
Sissie

reFresh reStyle said...

Love it, changes great!