recent posts...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Free Halloween Decorations

Decorating for any holiday can be expensive. There are several things you can do that can help with the cost.

First, you should look around the house and try to re-purpose things you already own.
Another way is to bring the outside in. I like to use branches and pine cones. You can spray paint branches and use them to create different vignettes.

One of my favorite things to do is use paper. Last year at Halloween I cut black bats and mice out of construction paper that I had left over from kid projects. I taped them to the walls and fireplace. I created a Sleepy Hollow Mantel. I even used some to create this chalkboard. The scrap wood I had in the shed!



This year I went to The Graphics Fairy and browsed her great graphics!

I downloaded her Man in the Moon graphic and grabbed some of my pastels.

I then got some scrap brown paper that was used for packing and began to draw it on.

It isn't perfect but that is ok! Just draw it and have fun. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece!



When you are done you have a free decoration to hang on a door or wall. Now I have to decide where I will hang it. I think it may need a spooky witch flying by.

Remember be creative with things you already have. It doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg, you just need an idea and a little creativity! We are so lucky to have great sites to get free graphics from too!

What did you do this holiday that was free and easy?

1 comment:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

OOh spookie but not too scary! Love the theme and what great tips to use what you already have.

hugs
Sissie