recent posts...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Guess Who I Just Met?

In the midst of all this chaos, I had an exciting day. This is what makes all the work worth it! Meeting great people and sharing your stories. As bloggers that is what we do everyday.

Some of us are lucky enough to actually meet the people we talk to on the blogs. I feel I have made some wonderful connections with so many of you. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to even meet some of you at Haven and other blogging venues.

So yesterday I took a load to The Milky Farm in Pulaski, Tennessee. Let me tell you it is one of the prettiest places I have ever been to.


The farm is huge! The sun was setting as I turned into the complex. I had to snap this picture. The ironwork was beautiful. Of course the sun was in my eyes but it was still beautiful!


I traveled down a gravel road to the barn. My partner's husband Dan was hauling our little structure ahead of me. Just then a deer hopped over the road and disappeared into this tree line. Couldn't get the camera fast enough. I could stay here taking pictures all day!!

When I got to the barn a woman was bent down on the ground taking pictures. As I walked by I shouted out a friendly hello! Then she turned to me and said hi.

I have to admit, I was a little excited to see who it was. 





Then I asked the creepy blogger question!!  "Can I take a picture of you? I have to blog about this!"

We had both been working all day and well we looked tired. So we grabbed our glasses so we could look more presentable for the picture. LOL

Donna was just as friendly and nice as she is in her blog. She is funny too! I felt like I have known her for years.

Then we had fun with a photo shoot.

Donna started posing all over. We laughed and laughed! The pictures came out great though!


This one is titled: The Tourist
(because everyone that visits Nashville thinks they need a cowboy hat lol)


The Poser
(look at the chair)


Peek-A-Boo

She is so funny! It was only half a chair she posed with!


and my favorite....

Bag Lady/Junk Queen

Thanks Donna for a great time!!

Then we went to work!

Dan helped Linda and Donna measure the spaces for the booths.

Another time my tape measure came in handy. Remember the HGTV shoot? I lent my tape measure to Kevin and Layla from The Lettered Cottage! Always be prepared!


It was a great day and there is so much more to do.

If this is any indication of what Bella Rustica is going to be like, I am in for a great time!

Come out and shop the barn!!

I will post more soon!

4 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Fun!! I'll see you there on Friday! Save some good junk for me. ;)

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

I so wanted to come but fell off our lawn mower & broke my foot yesterday! That totally dashed all my plans of meeting Donna & the rest of you!
Have fun, wish I was there!!!
♥'s
Sherry

Unknown said...

I soooo wish I could be there! Looks like you had soo much fun :)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Hahaha! Priceless. :) It was soooo fun hanging out with you! I miss the laughs already. :)