recent posts...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Added Extras for Free

Sometimes the littlest things cam make such a big impacts. As I was getting ready for the opening of the store I wanted to create some fun. I still had my Big Paper flower that I was going to incorporate in the vignette.  I was going to staple it in the corner with brown paper stems but change the furniture around so it wouldn't work that way. Then I put it on the ceiling. I added some branches to give it a canopy feel and it became that little something special in the space.


It just goes to show you it doesn't have to cost money to get a big impact in a space.

I also added burlap roses om rope to grow up the wall. These were scraps I had in my bag.


I just let the rope hang to make it more whimsical. All in all I think it helped bring the space together.


Branches were added to the other side of the room too. I placed my "birds on a wire" across the bedpost and gave it a garden feel.

I love decorated with found objects and garbage treasures! Have you ever used branches in your space? What other things have you used? I would love to know!

2 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Wow, that really makes an impact on the ceiling! You could dangle lightweight stuff from it, too.

I had a small tree branch for a while, used to to peg things to, until it called into duty for wedding decorations I was asked to do. I'll have to find another. I love twiggy branches!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Wowww!! I love that! I love how great your giant paper flower looks on the ceiling!