recent posts...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Need A Little Help From My Friends/Summer Chair

Now that Picnik has gone away (boohoo) I am asking for help!! All my friend out there please tell me what is the easiest thing to convert to? I have heard of a few but you are the ones that have tried them so PLEASE let me know!!

I am getting excited because Haven is just around the corner and I get to meet some of you wonderful bloggers in person! I am leaving for Atlanta to pick up my daughter from school...packing etc, for the summer and I am going to the beach for two weeks!!! Yipee!!! My love for the ocean runs deep in my soul. I cannot wait!

As I sit here dreaming of the day I leave, I decided to add some beachiness to some furniture. I already painted the china hutch in a blue with a white wash. Now, I found this checked blue chair that needed a little updating.



The upholstery was in excellent condition! I wanted to paint the wood in old white and distress it.


Tried to distress it in all the right places. Then waxed in a clear wax.


To me it looks like something out of Ethan Allen. It is not over done.Would look great in a beach house!

I guess the mood took over and now everything I look at I want to remind me of the sea.....

Don't forget to tell me what you are using for picture editing!! Thanks my dear friends!

I am feeling like doing a giveaway soon.........it's been awhile!

(Mary if you are reading this, my fingers are still crossed for RL!)

5 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I have been using Pixlr for awhile now and like it very much. I haven't figured out how to do a collage but otherwise, I have been really happy (select Pixlr Express).
Hope you have a wonderful time at Haven....such fun!
Blessings, Lorraine

Raspberry Hill Crafts said...

Try this one, very simple to use. It cant do collages yet, but it looks like it is in the works.
http://www.picmonkey.com/

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hey Sweetie - I had just found Picnic myself (and hadn't even played with half of it and it went away)....I was given several different "referrals" and haven't tried them all, but did try Picmonkey in a pinch - and it is VERY comparable to Picnic - even a little better as far as fewer "clicks" to save your photos to your pc, etc. If I get around to trying the other referrals and find that I like them better, I'll let you know. (Great chair!!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Beautiful chair, love how you painted it white! Picmonkey seems the same as Piknic!

Shell said...

I've heard that picmonkey is very similar to picnik. I've never really tried either as I'm a photoshop girl