recent posts...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Bonne Nuit

I lucked up on a cute little piece of furniture. It wasn't that cute when I first got it but as usual it had a certain appeal.

I new I could try to transform it into something a lot better than the "before".


It was beige in color and boring. So I began to paint it in black. I called it a bench/magazine thingy. That was the technical term lol!
This time I found some really cute stencils at Hobby Lobby and with some old white I stenciled the front of the piece.


Then I stenciled the front of the magazine holders or sides of it.





This is it with the paint still wet.
I felt like it still needed something so I hand painted Bonne Nuit to the top.


I heavily distressed it and let the beige color come through.

Now it was an interesting piece to put in the store.  
It sold a couple of days later!

Christmas shopping today! NO I haven't finished yet!!!



3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable- i can see it next to a nursery rocker.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet piece Deneen....And you may not have finished shopping, but I haven't started.. GULP! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

No wonder it sold so fast! It's so cute.

hugs
Sissie