recent posts...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Something to Crow about!

I hope you don't mind but I have a couple of things to crow about.....

I have been on a fall kick and pumpkins are filling the house. We had a record low in Tennessee yesterday 58 degrees! Seemed like we skipped fall and went right to winter YUK! I know it will warm up again but this weather is crazy!


One thing about crappy weather is that it keeps me inside! Inside to create is a good thing, right?


I had this burlap pillow slip I was saving for this project. I wanted to paint a simple silhouette on the front of it.


I started with the slip.





I placed a piece of foil in between the fabric so the paint will not got through to the other side



I found a graphic of a crow or raven on The Graphic Fairy and made it into a stencil by cutting with an exacto knife

Painted it with black paint and a stencil brush

Then I added a simple twig and moon shape by hand painting it


Very simple but does the trick



It is the perfect fall touch to the sofa

I love its simplicity!

Another thing to crow about......


The store where my little corner of creative goodness is located, The Roost, was featured in this magazine! So was The Three French Hens! Congrats to Debbie and Stacey!


 Great advertisement for a couple of awesome stores!


and.....

The baby is getting big.....


The lighting wasn't good but he is a cutie either way!

Have a happy day!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats on the magazine mention!!!! Should send lots of traffic your way:) Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds too. I love love that pillow. I'll have too see about whipping up some fall pillow slips for the couch this year...if I can remember where the sewing machine is buried in my "WORK ROOM"

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok - you have to know I am hopelessly smitten with that pillow. LOVE!!! Zoomed right up to the very top of my "Favorites by Deneen" list. Congrats on the magazine article!! Yea!! So, are you like famous now? ;o) Seriously, I've heard of that magazine and made a mental note to track it down yet - it's gotta be around here somewhere! Dudley's getting so big....wow! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Congratulations on the magazine article! Love the bird pillow too.

hugs
Sissie

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh...FABULOUS pillow!!