recent posts...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pumpkin Topiary

Fall is approaching and the blogs are humming with Autumn's song. My favorite time of the year when the weather is cooler and the colors are vibrant.

Time to decorate!


I went to the dollar store yesterday and found the cutest little pumpkins. My first thought was to buy them all but dummy me just took a couple. Now I have to go back for more!


I started with two pieces.


I cut off the stem of the large pumpkin

Got out the trusty glue gun and glued the small one one top of the large one

I tied some twine around the large pumpkin to hide the seem and placed it on a candlestick

I love putting a topiary on my fireplace

I added fall leaves under the pumpkins. I also added raffia to the candlestick




The beginning of my fall mantle!

On another note.....
This is what I found last night. Our older dog is getting used to the baby! He climbed in with her and she let him.
Sleeping together peacefully! So sweet!


Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Love the pumpkin topiary. Can hardly wait to see the fall mantel! Know it will be beautiful!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I never, ever, go to the dollar store - but did, in desperation, a few weeks ago. I think I saw those same pumpkins, picked them up and said - "yeah - and what the heck am I gonna do with THESE?" Wish I had your vision Girlfriend. My brain just doesn't work the way yours does!

Great photo of the pups....so, so, sweet!!

Hope your holiday was good! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin