recent posts...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Flower Covered Pumpkins








Fall is in the air! It is actually cool here this morning. Wet and dreary! Not the part of Fall I like!
I am much more about the colors with the sun shining and a blue sky!


If you saw my post yesterday I made a Pumpkin Topiary. Using the same pumpkins I created a floral one. 

I think you are going to like these! They are simple and affordable. Let's get ready to start.


Materials


1 pumpkin (dollar store)
7 sprigs of silk flowers (dollar store) I used small mums
hot glue
pumpkin stem or something like one


start with your pumpkin and silks
pull flower heads off stem and push into pumpkin use glue to secure


I alternated two colors of flowers yellow and orange after I started I decided to make rows of the yellow to look like the lines of the pumpkin and then filled in with the orange


I then turned it upside down to finish the bottom


This is how it should look when done! PROBLEM: Stem is hidden!

You can use an old pumpkin stem to attach or a twig.

I used this.....

I know I am weird!


I cut the stem of a red pepper!

Hot glued it to the top. I couldn't find any pumpkins yet so this had to do.

I like the look!


Another item for my mantle! This would make a great centerpiece too!


Don't you just love the stem!

Another inexpensive beauty! Can be enjoyed year after year!


Linking Here
homework



14 comments:

Angie Holden said...

So cute Deneen!! :)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

The flower-covered pumpkin is so cute! I love the pumpkin topiary from your last post, too!
:) CAS

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love this idea! Brilliant!

Darby Hawley said...

This is so pretty, and would make a fabulous centerpiece!
Stopping by from Home Stories A to Z

Erika said...

What a great idea. Love it and I might just have to make one myself. Thanks for sharing!

Rose and Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheCrankyCrow said...

That is adorable Deneen!! Ok, so back to the dollar store after all! ;o) And I LOVE that stem!! You think it'll stay or shrivel up??? You're such an inspiration girl!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Unknown said...

The stem!!!! omg.....love it! LOL Now you got me thinking about other things that could be used!!! lol

glor said...

Love the stem, love the pumpkin. What a great idea ... I can see this in my very near future! Thanks.

Jennifer said...

What a great way to utilize items from the Dollar Store!! This is gorgeous! I featured you today in my Friday I'm In Love favorites!

http://socialsalutations.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-im-in-lovewith-fall.html

- Jenn @ Social Salutations

Mindie Hilton said...

These are adorable. I just love fall. I would love for you to share at bacon time, linky fri-mon, come strut your stuff.
http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Binge Crafter said...

Love this! Featured it on my blog here:

http://bingecrafter.blogspot.com/2011/09/pumpkin-crafts.html

Hope you'll stop by & maybe grab my button.
TFS!
Angela
bingecrafter.blogspot.com

Katie said...

What a unique project! I love the flower covered pumpkin!

Unknown said...

So awesome! Spectacular idea and creation! We love it!

Ananasa.com- Home For Handmade