recent posts...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Audrey Hepburn Trinket Box

I really love fast and easy projects that have an appeal. Taking something plain and dull and turning it to something beautiful.

I have always like the quote by Audrey Hepburn that says,

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

That is beautiful in itself!

I found some craft boxes at the dollar store. They were plain, unpainted, hinged wood boxes. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture before it was painted.



I took turquoise and black paint and painted the box in a two tone color.

With the top black and bottom turquoise I felt it was kinda plain. I remembered I had made those flowers the other day.


I glued a white flower to the top and added some rhinestones around the lid.
Then I added a part of the quote to go around the box. 

"...for beautiful lips speak only words of kindness..."

It makes such a nice gift box or a place to store something pretty!




homework

4 comments:

Adrianne Surian said...

This is just gorgeous! I love it! It's a perfect gift-able. (Gift to self is perfectly acceptable.)

Adrianne
www.happyhourprojects.com

Little City Farm said...

Deneen,...this is gorgeous. I love the colours and the little jewels. So pretty with the perfect words around it.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful job you've done,, just lovely

TheCrankyCrow said...

That is really sweet! Think you better be making lots more of those if you're taking them to the shop...they're sure to be great sellers! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin