recent posts...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Map Tray

With my husband home from the hospital and my sister's wedding happening this weekend. The blog world is seeing less of me this week.

Then I go to post a blog and I can't upload pictures! Ugh! Now I can!


I did manage to show you my piano bench and I also did a little tray project.


I started with a huge brown tray with handles at the side and tacks as details. I felt it was to dark. My first thought was to paint it but then I thought it looked old world like it was.





Then I decided to do something with the map book I had. I pulled a few of the pages.



To go with the old world look I used distress ink to age it. I then got out the lighter and began to burn the edges.





I mod podged the maps in a random pattern on the tray.




I believe it gave it the color it needed and still maintain the old world look.


Its a great addition to the sunroom. I get to enjoy it for a little while till it goes in to the store.





I love the way the maps turned out. Kinda scattered. 

Like me this week.....ugh!

Stay tuned for wedding pictures!

5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Girl - I don't know how you have time to do anything right about now! Yikes! But I do like the tray...another success! Hope Hubby is doing well...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Angie Holden said...

Cute!! Anytime blogger won't let you load pics go to draft.blogger.com -- usually works for me!

BluBabesCreate said...

Clever! Come and see some more map decor.

Unknown said...

I had the same problem with uploading images over the last two days! SO frustrating! Ugg. The tray looks sweet.

Mimi said...

Oh - I love the maps on the wooden tray. I've never tried distress ink but I'm hoping i can find some here at a crafts store.
Great job!