recent posts...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ballard Design Knock Off Ticket Sign




You can now order this sign HERE!!!!





I have to give Carrie over at Dittle Dattle the credit for this inspiration! She did one and got me thinking that this would be perfect for my theatre girl. Being a sign painter I usually don't make them for myself. Kinda like a mechanic that don't work on his car or a doctor that doesn't go to one when sick!

But I had to do this one! If you have access to a vinyl cutter it is so easy! If not go to a sign shop and ask them to cut some for you and you can apply it yourself.

I started with the Ballard inspiration.......

 Vintage Ticket Plaque
I got the dimensions from them 12"hx24"wx1/4"d and cut a piece of finished wood to look like a ticket.







I love the way it turned out! This is for my theatre girl! She is gonna love this! It will go with the whole Hollywood/Broadway theme she has all over!





I left some of the vinyl off to make it look older. 

Thanks Carrie for the inspiration!

Now to go pop some popcorn!

YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE A TICKET IN MY ETSY SHOP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS BLOG!



16 comments:

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Very cool! Love love love it :D
Yours turned out great. I like how you added the vinyl border. I was a little intimidated and left it off of my. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad I could inspire.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Awesome! I've seen several projects that use distress ink. Gotta try it!!!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

That looks brilliant - how clever are you!

Calypso In The Country said...

You did an amazing job - you are very talented! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, we must be related! Did you notice I live in New Jersey?!!
You have some great ideas and I look forward to following you!
Remember to watch Rules of Engagement tonight!
Cheers!
Shelley

The Feathered Nest said...

This is so WONDERFUL!!! Yours looks better than PB's!! Do you go to a print shop to get your vinyl cut or have a machine at home? love it. hugs and love, Dawn

Gypsy Heart said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing.

Pat

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Your knock off looks fantastic! This looks like it would be perfect for a home theater!

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

Perfect for the media room! Thanks for sharing!!

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Oooh I LOVE your version!! Thanks for sharing the step by step!

ps - I'm your newest follower :)

Jen said...

Wow! This is just stunning! I want to make one for my house!

I would love to have you come and link up to my Fantastic Friday link party at http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

thanks

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your wood ticket sign came out fantastic!

Dee

Creative Raisins said...

This is super cute. I am just decorating the media room and think this would be a perfect fit. Thank You for sharing

Unknown said...

Great job! I actually think yours looks better than Ballard's! Thanks for sharing this!

Creative Escapes said...

This is awesome! Looks so much like the Ballard one. Great job!

Classy Clutter said...

This is gorgeous! I saw this in the catalog and I actually like yours better! So adorable!


xo, Mallory

http://www.classyclutter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS SIGN, ID LOVE TO FEATURE IT. I KNOW YOU DID IT AWHILE BACK BUT ITS THE FIRST I SAW IT. LET ME KNOW IF THATS OK WITH YOU.

LAUREN