recent posts...

Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Do you ever notice that we can encourage others but when it comes to ourselves it is not so easy? I believe we all have dreams and goals. The older we get the harder it is to see them sometimes. It is important to have dreams. In a society where depression runs rapid and there is a new "happy" drug being aired every two minutes on the next commercial, I feel if we keep focus on our dreams, it can be our own mood enhancer. I know some people need medicine and that depression is a real disease. There are things that can help us be happier though.

To have something to look forward to and plan on makes me happy. A friend told me once to start a dream board or have something that you can actually look at to help you stay on task. There are tons of books you can read also. Being with good friends, not toxic ones, can help. Sunlight really helps me too!

Today I ask you to do something for you! You deserve it! February is the "love" month. Give some love to the one you are closest to...YOU!

Think of something you have wanted to achieve or do. Create a bucket list. Anything that is big or small. Believe me when you accomplish something whether it is a clean room or going on a trip you've been dreaming about, it will make you feel so much better. Give yourself encouragement like you would for someone else. Write a post-it-note, play some uplifting music, focus on a word or phrase to keep you going. Read something inspiring, like a blog. Do whatever it takes for you! Everyone is different.

My thing right now to get me going is looking at this little rock on my desk. It is my morning encouragement. It is just a small thing with a big impact never to loose sight on what is important.

So today I challenge you. What is your small thing? Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments: