recent posts...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Upside Down

A lot of times I just bake because I like too. Sometimes I have a craving for something sweet. This cake is a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I was feeling "pineappley" yesterday and began baking this. It is very important to make sure you have all the ingredients before you start to bake. I laid them all out on the counter and to my surprise I didn't have enough cherries. Sooo it is very important to have a willing husband to go to the store for you to pick them up so you don't have to stop what you are doing.  Thanks hon! Or someone you can count on!

One thing about this cake is that it always comes out looking pretty. The problem with baking is we like to eat it all. Since there are only two of us here, I shared it. Sharing is part of the fun. I love to see people enjoy food. It's the Italian in me!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

 1/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar packed
1 20 oz can pineapple rings in juice
1 pkg of yellow cake mix
1 small jar cherries
oil and eggs as called for on cake mix

Preheat oven at 350 degrees Melt butter in a 13x9 pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over top. Drain pineapple and save juice for cake mix. Arrange slices over mixture and put cherries in center hole. Press to secure. Add water to pineapple juice to make 11/4 cup and add to mixture. Fold in oil and eggs and mix. Pour over pineapples. Bake for 40-45 min. When down remove from oven and turn pan upside down. Leave pan on for around 1 min to set. Remove to see this.

Slice and enjoy!

No comments: